10/18/09

Russian River Weekend, Part 2: Monte Rio

We also took a short walk around nearby Monte Rio, Vacation Wonderland. (Note the neon sign lights up at night. Love it.)

Vacation Wonderland

Monte Rio is much smaller than Guerneville, but they have a movie theater in an old quonset hut.

IMG_4949

and a fully licensed cafe.

IMG_4962

You can see all the cool movies.

The Birds

Star Wars

Field of Dreams

Ha ha. This what's really playing right now.

IMG_4953

I didn't get a good picture of my favorite restaurant in Monte Rio, the Village Inn. We ate there last night; I had a slab of prime rib with horseradish and scalloped potatoes... YUM. (I can also recommend the Blue Heron.)

So, here is a picture of a different inn.

IMG_4905

IMG_4920

IMG_4937

IMG_4924

IMG_4948

IMG_4958

2 comments:

Noelle Johnson said...

What a fun looking town. I like visiting small towns with lots of character. Thank you for giving us a photo tour.

Bonnie Story said...

It's a relief to know that one's hot dog establishment is **fully licensed**!! I love the handpainted movie posters. I enjoy the touches of fall color here and there. I hope that the flood season is merciful this year and that they don't get too badly hit.