4/4/08

San Francisco Botanical Garden, Today at the...

IMG_5537

IMG_5535

IMG_5466

IMG_5471

IMG_5476

Rojasianthe superba

Rojasianthe superba
.

Rojasianthe superba

Beschorneria yuccoides
.

Beschorneria yuccoides

Melianthus + Pelargonium.

Melianthus + Pelargonium

Pelargonium + Cerinthe.

Pelargonium + Cerinthe

Puya something

Puya something

Puya something

I'm becoming concerned that I'm forever blogging pictures of flowers. My whole Flickr stream is all flowers. I want people to know that I appreciate foliage too! Form is very important to me. Anyway, that's another blog post. Let's finish this one.

Iris in the California garden:

Iris douglasiana

Iris douglasiana

Iris douglasiana

And Limnanthes douglasii with equisetum coming up through it.

Limnanthes douglasii

4 comments:

Unknown said...

It's really nice to see the dark aeoniums mixed in to a non-modern garden. They look really good there.

Btw, you have no idea how much I've been dying to be able to plant melianthus major in my garden. I adore that serrated foliage... I'm just a zone or two too cold. :(

chuck b. said...

The Melianthus looks like hell most of the year, imo. I guess you have to cut it to the ground or something.

lisa said...

That 3rd picture...OMFG!! I must say, your photography: artistry, eye for composition...you most certainly ARE the cat's ass! Said it B4, and I'll say it now! Wow.

Unknown said...

That makes me feel better. Every time I see a photo of it, it's as lush and colorful as it is in your picture.

(Btw, I'm giggling, and wondering how it feels to be called the cat's ass! Lisa cracks me up.)