2/28/08

Lands End

I have a new gardening client in the Sea Cliff neighborhood. We're meeting tomorrow for the first time. I came by today to suss out the neighborhood's plant life. I don't get over here very often, and I don't want to sound like an idiot.

IMG_2916

Afterwards, I took a walk in Lands End which I had never visited before. For a San Francisco blogger, I sure don't do much San Francisco blogging. I like to think I cover a tight niche. But it's good to stretch myself once in awhile, too.

IMG_2903

IMG_2908

IMG_2904

IMG_2910

IMG_2911

IMG_2918

IMG_2919

IMG_2925

IMG_2931

IMG_2934

IMG_2921

IMG_2945

IMG_2949

IMG_2950

IMG_2955

IMG_2939

IMG_2940

IMG_2947

IMG_2957

IMG_2958

IMG_2967

IMG_2986

IMG_2977

IMG_3000

IMG_3004

IMG_3009

IMG_3007

IMG_3008

IMG_3042

IMG_3020

What do you find here, at the end of land? A maze.

IMG_3037

IMG_3034

IMG_3027

Later on, I'll embed some YouTube videos of the waves crashing and a quivering mass sea foam. Right now, I gotta run.

8 comments:

EAL said...

Wow! I love this part of CA.

Diana said...

Great photos -- WOW. I love San Francisco. Thanks for sharing it with us. What kind of garden work are you going to do for your client?

Christopher C. NC said...

New client? Are we having a career change?

chuck b. said...

I'll find out tomorrow what kind of work the client wants. Not sure yet, but probably some good ol' maintenance and clean-up. I wouldn't call this a career change for me, so much as a "spare cash infusion program".

lisa said...

Wow! This is my favorite post yet...your photography is outstanding!! (I mean, you already know that I think you're cool as hell, but...wow.) Glad to hear about your new gig, I think it would be really fun for you if this WERE a career change, but that's just me, wishing I had the guts/situation for this kind of thing. Anyhow, I hope it goes well for you. :)

Anonymous said...

I am sorry, but I did not catch the name of the planet that you live on. It certainly does not resemble mine.

chuck b. said...

Les--some of the rocky cliff shots remind me of Maine. But in a different month.

Lisa, I'm *your* biggest fan (and I said so first). You cannot be mine because that would be silly. :)

growingagardenindavis said...

What great photos of Lands End...and what a wonderful place for a maze. I've never been to Lands End...I'll have to get there now that I see that maze!