7/24/11

Woodside Library

My third, and final, garden stop on Friday took me to the Woodside Library. The California native garden behind the library is one of my favorite...native gardens. I like to visit when I can.

I found it drenched in sunlight.

IMG_0207

IMG_0210

IMG_0206

IMG_0202

IMG_0200

So drenched in sun in fact, I could not see what I was taking pictures of in my camera's LCD viewer. All I could do was point the camera, press the button, and hope for the best.

IMG_0195

I had forgotten they added three Ceanothus 'Tuxedo' plants the time I was here. They've grown at least 6 feet since then.

IMG_0188

The plant was developed for it's black foliage. You can read about it here.

IMG_0185

It shimmered copper-bronze in full sun.

IMG_0191

IMG_0197

I found some respite from the sun under the redwoods at the back of the garden.

IMG_0178

I had a little visitor.

IMG_0213

IMG_0216

Lol.

IMG_0224

5 comments:

Town Mouse said...

Great pics, glare or not! Next time you're down here, stop by the Portola Valley town center as well. They've done a tremendous amount of work, including a dry creekbed restoration. Great fun!

Lisa said...

Nice photos. Thanks for sharing.

Lisa from Acoustic Guitar Software

GardenMom said...

Pretty pictures and what a nice kitty! It's a Russian Blue...I had one just like it.

Dirty Girl Gardening said...

pretty verbena in boom...

lisa said...

Kitties have a way of sniffing out another cool cat, don't they?