11/15/10

Bloom Day

I didn't forget. Well, yes I did. I would have taken pictures this morning, but I had a presentation to get ready for. By the time I got home at 2 there was no more sunlight in the small city garden. That's November for you. Shadiness prevails.

The colors in this Gazania--that's November for you too.

IMG_0127

That yellow is repeated extensively.

IMG_0001

Tagetes lemmonii

Fremontodendron californicum

Hints of future yellow...fruit. Lemon blossoms.

IMG_0105

There is a little pink

IMG_0102

and some fuchsia colors

IMG_0087

IMG_0081

And some blurry blue. The blueness is a digital camera artifact. In real life, this salvia is quite purple. 'Jean's Purple Passion'.

Salvia 'Jean's Purple Passion'

Going forward, I want to prune Montanoa grandiflora to better feature the fragrant daisy flowers that cover it from fall into winter. This year I allowed it to grow without control and that wasn't a good thing. Fortunately, I can cut it to the ground and start over, and that's what I'm going to do. In the meantime...

IMG_0091

The 15th of every month is Garden Blogger Bloom Day. Everyone is invited to share words and pictures of what's blooming in their garden. Post a link at May Dreams Gardens.

9 comments:

Liza said...

I loooooove the smell of citrus blossoms, so I'm really jealous of your lemon blossoms right now!

Nice pics, despite my jealous!

danger garden said...

Simply love that first photo...

Christopher C. NC said...

What were you thinking with that Gazania. Have you gone color blind?

Elaine said...

I'm adding that gorgeous blue salvia to my list. Love your photos!

Wally said...

Lovely plants. I especially like the gazania, and the yellows in pics 3 and 4.

Denise said...

Those species fuchsias are the most elegant, dangly things around. Mite resistant too, right?

Town Mouse said...

Pretty stunning photos you have there, I especially love the first one.

Happy Bloom Day!

Annie in Austin said...

Lemon flowers, a "quite purple" salvia & fragrant daisies... really lovely, Chuck.

The Tagetes lemmonii (usually sold as Copper Canyon daisy down here) is pretty, too, but I'm allergic to it so prefer to see it in your photos.

Happy GBBD

Annie at the Transplantable Rose

Phillip Oliver said...

I wish fuchsia did better here. Great photos!