9/21/09

"Hi neighbor"

Text of a hand-written note I just dropped in my neighbor's mail slot:
Hi neighbor,

Would you be interested/willing to let me plant a vegetable garden in your back yard? I know you don't use your garden very much and I'm out of room in mine. :)

I could keep the bamboo under control for you. I'm not asking for any $; if I could just grow vegetables that would be worth it for me. (And maybe some flowers.)

If you're interested, let me know.

Regards,
[my contact info]
IMG_3540

Stay tuned...

6 comments:

Phillip Oliver said...

That is a good idea. You will have to let us know what kind of response you get.

weeder1 said...

Ohh! good luck! I hope your neighbor is agreeable to this idea~

CiNdEe's GaRdEn said...

Great idea(-: I can't see why they wouldn't let you(-:

ryan said...

Bold.

Unknown said...

I like it--good for you! Keep us updated...

Christopher C. NC said...

Someone looking to go ah, raccoon hunting? You should have maybe included a web address to one of those new sites hooking gardeners up with homeowners who don't use their land to show him it is currently legit and trendy.